Thursday, May 25, 2023

He Shot a Man in the Behind for WHAT?

We say it all the time that truth is often stranger than fiction and sometimes there are things you can't make up. Well, everyone remembers movies like Fargo and Pulp Fiction, so perhaps that's not entirely true. Because out of movies like that a scene like this one would not be all that surprising to see.

Those were some great and entertaining movies, by the way.

If you hadn't heard, there was a 64-year old Kentucy man who shot his roommate in the butt after a dispute over the roommate apparently eating the last Hot Pocket in the freezer. Yep, you heard that right. He shot his roommate in the butt for eating the last Hot Pocket in the freezer!

Beyond the clear idea that people are simply nuts these days and seem to be getting nuttier by the minute, when I read the story one thought came to mind.

There's more to this than just that last Hot Pocket.

I would actually be more interested in hearing what the back story is before this went down. Because of course there has to be one. This was not just a spur of the moment idea, "All right, Imma let him have it!" There's a lot more that has been going on in that house for a lot longer and the Hot Pocket was just the straw that broke the camel's back.

I am reminded of two stories from some years back. One where a man was cited for shooting his lawn mower after it wouldn't start. "For the last time the damn thing wouldn't start, and I'd simply had it," the man told police.

Clearly.

Still, you know, as many times as I have found myself in moments of utter frustration never once has it ever crossed my mind to pull out a gun and blow something to bits. Okay, maybe dynamite came to mind. But of course, it was just a thought. It's not like I would ever intend to actually make good on such an idea.

Well, maybe if dynamite was more readily available. I mean, if I could walk into a Menard's and the guy said, "Dynamite, aisle 6," perhaps I would more heavily consider that. But I digress.

Or take the two old men who were neighbors for something like 30 years. One day one of the men walked over to the other man and beat him to death with a spaded shovel. But, as the man said, "After 30 years of bickering back and forth and irritating each other, I'd just had enough and decided to do something about it."

There were 30-years of back story here. And even in the case of the lawn mower shooter, I am sure that mower was a thorn in that man's side long before the day he shot it. In fact, he probably had an entire garage full of menacing, maddening power tools and other equipment—that lawn mower just happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time and BLAMO! It became history.

Either way, now that the story is out, I bet that will be all we will ever hear about it. However unfortunate for inquiring minds like mine it happens to be to get the whole tale. But hey, maybe the makers of Hot Pockets can take this one to the bank and come up with a new slogan?

Hot Pockets. So good, they're worth a bullet in the ass!

Like the way I write or the things I write about? Follow me on Facebook to keep tabs on all the places I write and the things I write about.

No comments:

Post a Comment